It is ruled by cloistered nuns of the Third Order of St. Francis.
Built in the late s. XVII. The unique feature of religious building that is seen in this building is its façade formed by a lintelled vain between pilasters and cornice joined by a small niche at the top.
It is known by this name because the sun that shines in one of the quarters of the shield bearing the main facade.
The unique part preserved today entrance to the city is one of the towers that flanked the gate, which could collapse during the 1755 Lisbon earthquake.
Begins in the Alconchel Gate and goes N. S. to the Villa, always attached to the outside of the wall.
It is a work of the seventeenth century, with a rectangular floor plant, and an octagonal dome above the main chapel and the belfry.
This palace is a work of the seventeenth century or early eighteenth. On the central balcony of the top floor there are shown the weapons of the family
It stands in which were the offices of the convent of nuns of the order of the Third Rule, then Santa Clara, called Mother of God, which was founded in 1502 to host a group of fourteen nuns and their abbess, Grace convent dissidents.
Little remains of what was once the convent now, only the chapel featuring a granite lintel doorway and a shield with the arms of the patrons of the convent.
This chapel could be built by the end of the fifteenth century, as in 1527 there is already record of its existence in the books of Municipal Archives Agreements.
His austere exterior counterions with the grandeur of its halls and offices, whose ceilings are decorated with frescoes dating from the eighteenth century, clearly Italian influence.
It is located on the western edge of the city, close to the Heart of Mary Street and above the street Detrás de los Corrales.
It rose in San MiguelSquare. Acording to the details that are conserved we know their foundation was due to the output of the Mother of God convent of three nuns decided to create a new convent of the Order of Santa Clara.
Its origins date back to the early fifteenth century.
It extends behind the wall
Popularly known as Yard of the Stork. Located at the entrance to the medieval city, is this mansion before which a clearing that is surrounded by a whitewashed wall
The creation of this convent dates from the late s. XVI. It was created in a private home so has no architectural fundaments highlighting instead it´s own peculiarities.
Small hermitage located in San Gregorio Street, next to the Gate of Burgos. According to Núñez Barrero, pastor of the church of San Bartolomé, this chapel was built in 1579 by resolution of the City Council made in 1571.
It was the last to be built and only his memory has been preserved as it was demolished in the nineteenth century.
This house belonged to Dona Maria Honorato Ossorio and Pacheco, who married in 1825 with Don Manuel de Mendoza and Gonzalez Torres de Navarra, son of the Earls of Berrona.
It was founded in 1499 after a stay in Jerez of the General Inspector of the Order of San Francisco.
It is a small shrine located in a tower gate of the Alhóndiga or Santiago.
It is a walk that starts from the New Gate and runs attached to the outside of the wall to the Puerta de Sevilla, address O. E.
It is another typical stately home of Jerez, made in a two-story façade, bleached.
Founded around 1523 it is unremarkable architecturally, the outside façade has two bodies with windows and outdoor highlights the existence of a cloister consisting of arches supported by Tuscan columns.
A mid-fifteenth century, the Council enabled as Consistorial House a building located in the Square of Spain.
It was, initially located at the foot of the orchards. Its antiquity at that point perhaps date from the time of the Templars, as well as several others.
Opened the fortress to the south
Built by the seventeenth century, possibly on a previous building, taking Latin cross plan, barrel vault with lunettes and dome at the top, small dome with a lantern in the apse and choir at the nave.
Preserves traces of Gothic, fifteenth century. It has a large quadrangular tower with granite blocks at the corners. The upper ends in triple molding with a pinnacle at each angle.
From this road we join the Gate of Sevilla with the Square of Santa María.
Takes its name from the location of the town clock that gives view of the street.
The site belonged to the Quintano passing by link to the Quevedo and after to other lineages of Jerez.
It belongs to the end of s. XV and the role played is defined by its own ”Lazaretto” name, which means place of Safe Haven to lepers.
Located outside the city, southwest of it. Existed in 1731, although it is believed that should have been built in the first decades of the eighteenth century.
Its construction, without going back to earlier stages, must be built on the first half of the thirteenth century.
Two-storey building built around a central courtyard with series of round arches on marble columns.
Situated next to the fort, was an early focus of development located in the expansion of the town.
It was built around 1740. In the books of Council Agreements of 1735 it is specified that the council granted license to the priest to build a chapel with the patronage of San Lorenzo.
It stands in front of the palace of Rianzuela.
This is a typical manor house of Jerez in which highlights the wrought coat of the main façade.
Tortuous and narrow street, steep ground and lower houses would be a true reflection of how would be the town in the past.
It is the name that is known the former residence in Jerez of the vicar general of the Order of Santiago.
Of this Gate just one of the two side towers is preserved and access is not possible for being in a private home.
It consists of a tower and a stretch of wall in which a pointed arch under which runs one of the busiest streets of Jerez, the Templar Street.
This palace that belonged to Silva Figueroa, is located perpendicular to the tower from which to start, and occupies the entire right side of the Square of Santa Catalina.
Renaissance house located in the Padre Ruiz Square.
Highlights within the historic center of Jerez de los Caballeros the enclosure walled and the Alcazaba
Temple dedicated to the Patron of the City: San Bartolomé. The current factory is from the fifteenth century which explains some of its Gothic features. Renovated in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries the Baroque style being well defined structure.
Temple that looks like a Collegiata located in the center of town.
Baroque church built on one of medieval origin and extended in the sixteenth century.
This temple is the oldest of those exist in Jerez and was founded in 556 AD.